Making Help Helpful: Rethinking How to Best Support Healthcare Employees
This course explores what works and what doesn’t work when employees try to support their healthcare colleagues’ physical and psychological well-being. Seven key considerations are provided to help drive effective support provision. Let's make help more helpful at TGH!
Course Learning Objectives
- Be able to explain the importance of supporting one's colleagues in a healthcare setting
- Be able to identify ways that well-intended support provision often goes wrong in a healthcare setting
- Recognize ways to improve one's own support provision to healthcare colleagues
The course can be tailored for both leadership and team members.
An electronic device with an internet connection will be necessary for the course. Recommended reading (2 minute read): https://paulspector.com/when-helping-is-not-helping/
Directions: Select one of the available sessions listed below. The link will take you to the Canvas platform, where you may register for the course.
Please note that registration is currently limited to Tampa General Hospital team members.
- Making Help Helpful - Thursday 2/10/22 10:00 AM - 11:30 AM
- Making Help Helpful - Thursday 3/24/22 6:00 PM - 7:30 PM
- Making Help Helpful - Thursday 4/21/22 10:00 AM - 11:30 AM
- Making Help Helpful - Thursday 6/16/22 6:00 PM - 7:30 PM
- Making Help Helpful - Thursday 8/18/22 10:00 AM - 11:30 AM
- Making Help Helpful - Thursday 11/10/22 6:00 PM - 7:30 PM